There are probably people who object to the term "beef up" as carnivorist. Nevertheless, beefing up is what I've tried to do to the seedy bread recipe in my last entry, especially now I've got some linseeds. The experience has only convinced me that Lepard's original recipe is impossible.
250g strong white flour
100g wholemeal rye flour
50g strong wholemeal wheat flour
about 20g sunflower oil
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
20g poppy seeds
4g dried yeast
10g red malt flour
I started this on 26 July at 11:30, dry toasting the seeds and adding them to the flour, then, when it had cooled a bit, adding the liquid. Unsurprisingly, it was a stiff horrible mix, but I thought adding more water would make it worse. So after about ten minutes kneading I put in in the fridge for a long rest
On 27 July it was still pretty sluggish, so after it was back at room temperature, I kneaded it again, and left it overnight at room temperature (probably around 16C).
Yesterday it had risen, so I kneaded it again. I added a little water as the surface had inevitable dried out a bit. It still was difficult, but formed into a plausible bloomer shape. It then took about four hours to prove and finally at about 16:00 it was ready for the oven: 15 minutes at 200, then 30 at 180. And here's the partially eaten result.
Sweden and its bakeries summons #2...
8 hours ago